Photo by Tirachard Kumtanom on Pexels.com
- Adding some extras to the “Books” section on my website. Right now it’s just a couple of character letters written by Eimear and Finn, the protagonists of Beautiful. I’ve also been working on some letters for my next book. I’m hoping to have some news about that soon!
- Trying to sell books. Figuring out the publicity and marketing angle of publishing is tricky for me because it’s not something I’m comfortable with. Part of it is the fact that I’m not an aggressive salesperson in general. Part of it is the fact that I’m still working on building confidence as a writer. I think/hope that as that happens, the sales side of things will get easier.
- Working on book #2. It’s set in the same universe as Beautiful but it’s a stand alone. In it, I combine Hans Christian Anderson’s The Snow Queen with some Japanese mythology, as well as some of the Celtic folklore in Beautiful. I’m almost done with my first draft and I’m aiming to have it ready to publish by Summer 2019.
Photo by Luka Siemionov on Pexels.com
- Loving the Charity Miles App. Basically, it’s an app that logs your movement (walking, running, biking, etc) and each mile you move, helps to earn money for your chosen charity. The money comes from corporate sponsors who are repurposing their media budgets for social good. The app gives them premium advertising so they see a high return on their investment. You can choose from over forty charities that help children, veterans, animals, the environment, education, and scientific research, and you can change your charity at any time. In the past week, I’ve logged about thirty miles for She’s the First, an organization that fights gender inequality around the world through education. Next week I’ll walk/run for a different charity. Basically, it’s a chance to improve your own health as well as help others, and I encourage anyone and everyone to try it.
- Livid and saddened by the situation in the US. I don’t want to talk about it too much in this post, but this past week has been really overwhelming at times. I’ve been reflecting a lot on the state of the nation and how we can heal. Maybe I’ll post about that at some point soon. For now, I can only hope that this spurs everyone who has had similar feelings to vote next month.