Every year I write down my new year’s resolutions and post them somewhere. It helps me be accountable. I am better at keeping them when when I write them down and share them.
So, while all of my 2018 resolutions still apply, these are some new ones for 2019:
- Finish writing, and publish Frozen Heart. Also publish 1-2 other pieces during the year. Keep getting my work out there.
- Continue to be vocal about things that I feel are important. This means calling representatives, writing letters, protesting, donating to causes I think make a difference and anything else I can do.
- Try to spread happiness and positivity when possible. I feel like so much of what we’re faced with on a daily basis is bleak and hopeless. But I also think “seek and you shall find.” So I’m going to seek things that make me (and others) happy. I think just exposure to more positive things can break down the hopeless feeling that we can get.
- Figure out my career path. It’s in flux at the moment and is fairly confusing!
- Be more social. Don’t just fall into the staying inside and reading/writing/watching trap. Stay in communication more with people.
- Don’t feel guilty for reading/writing/watching and staying in sometimes. In fact, don’t feel guilty about what I like/enjoy. Don’t apologize for liking, wanting, or consuming things that make me happy.
What are your 2019 resolutions?